The main function of the gasket is to apply prestress to the bearing, eliminate the stress of thermal expansion of the rotor shaft, and improve the smooth running of the bearing.
The types of gaskets are various. The gaskets are made of metal, semi-metal, and non-metal plate materials, and are manufactured by cutting, stamping, or cutting, etc., and are used for the sealed connection between pipes, machine parts and machines. Sealed connection between pieces.
According to the material can be divided into non-metallic, semi-metallic and metal gasket three categories:
1) Non-metallic gaskets. Non-metallic gaskets are soft, corrosion-resistant and inexpensive
However, the temperature and pressure resistance are poor. Used for flange sealing of medium and low pressure containers or pipes at room temperature and medium temperature. Non-metallic gaskets include rubber mats, asbestos mats, asbestos rubber mats, flexible graphite mats, and PTFE mats, etc.
2) Semi-metal gasket (also called metal composite gasket). Non-metallic materials are very
Good flexibility, compression and low bolt load capacity. However, it is mainly determined that the strength is not high and the resilience is poor, and it is not suitable for high-pressure and high-temperature applications. Therefore, the combination of high strength metal materials, good elasticity. Withstanding the characteristics of high temperatures, a gasket that combines the two structures is formed. That is half-metal gasket.
3) Metal gaskets. Severe operating conditions such as high temperature and high pressure and frequent load cycles
Under the parts, all kinds of metal materials are still the preferred materials for sealing gaskets. Commonly used materials include copper, aluminum, low-carbon steel, stainless steel, chromium-nickel alloy steel, and titanium Monel.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The Use Of Ceramic Fibers
- What Is A Gasket
- Ceramic Fiber Features
- PTFE mat performance
- Gasket Material Classification
- What Is Weaving Packing
- Type Of Gasket
- Glass fiber
- The main component of glass fiber
- The main features of glass fiber
- Gasket - Gasket Installation Requirements
- How to choose and install a spiral wound gasket
- What is the difference between ceramic fiber co...
- Mica gasket performance characteristics
- Can the acrylic box be used as a food packaging...
- PTFE sheet
- What are the differences between the gasket and...
- What are the requirements for making metal woun...
- What are the fillers in the metal wound gasket?
- Effective sealing width of metal wound gasket