Metal wound gaskets are made of steel strips and graphite and the like are wound by a winding machine, but few people know the effective sealing width of the metal wound gasket during use.
In the bolt-flange-metal wound gasket sealing connection, the effective sealing width of the metal wound gasket is an indispensable characteristic parameter for calculating the bolt load, usually indicated by the symbol b, and its unit is in nlnl. The effective sealing width of the metal wound gasket is related to the basic sealing width of the metal wound gasket (symbol b0; unit is ram). When the size of the metal wound gasket is selected, the width N (in ram) of the contact surface of the metal wound gasket and the basic sealing width b of the metal wound gasket can be determined according to Table 3-2. And then determine the effective sealing width b of the metal wound gasket as follows:
When b0 ≤ 6.4 mn3., b = b0;
When bo>6.4 mlTl, 6-2.53~/60.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The Use Of Ceramic Fibers
- What Is A Gasket
- Ceramic Fiber Features
- PTFE mat performance
- Gasket Material Classification
- What Is Weaving Packing
- Type Of Gasket
- Glass fiber
- The main component of glass fiber
- The main features of glass fiber
- PTFE gasket has extra features
- Introduction of graphite gasket features
- There are three issues to be aware of when inst...
- Analysis on the selection and characteristics o...