1.The seal gasket and the flange sealing surface should be cleaned, and there must be no defects such as scratches or spots that affect the connection sealing performance.
2. The outer diameter of the sealing gasket should be smaller than that of the flange sealing surface. The inner diameter of the sealing gasket should be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the pipe. The difference between the two inner diameters is generally 2 times the thickness of the sealing gasket to ensure that the gasket is tight after the compression. The inner edge does not extend into the container or pipe so as not to interfere with the flow of fluid in the container or pipe.
3, the sealing gasket pre-tightening force should not exceed the design requirements, so as to avoid over-compression seal gasket loses its ability to rebound.
4. It is best to use a torque wrench when the gasket is pressed. For large bolts and high-strength bolts, hydraulic tensioners are preferred. Tightening torque should be obtained by calculation according to the given sealing gasket compression. The size of the hydraulic pressure of the hydraulic tensioner should also be determined by calculation.
5. When installing the gasket, tighten the nuts in order. However, the design value should not be reached once. Generally, it should be circulated at least 2 or 3 times so that the stress distribution of the gasket can be evenly distributed.
6. For pressure vessels and pipelines with flammable and explosive media, use safety tools when replacing the gaskets to prevent the tools from colliding with the flanges or bolts, resulting in sparks, fire or explosion.
7. If there is a leak in the pipeline, it must be replaced after pressure relief treatment or adjusted installation gasket, pressure operation is strictly prohibited.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The Use Of Ceramic Fibers
- What Is A Gasket
- Ceramic Fiber Features
- PTFE mat performance
- Gasket Material Classification
- What Is Weaving Packing
- Type Of Gasket
- Glass fiber
- The main component of glass fiber
- The main features of glass fiber
- How to choose and install a spiral wound gasket
- What is the difference between ceramic fiber co...
- Mica gasket performance characteristics
- Can the acrylic box be used as a food packaging...
- PTFE sheet
- What are the differences between the gasket and...
- What are the requirements for making metal woun...
- What are the fillers in the metal wound gasket?
- Effective sealing width of metal wound gasket
- PTFE gasket has extra features