1. Do not damage the sealing surface or seal line of the seal surface
The sealing performance of the flat seal depends on the upper and lower end faces; the sealing performance of the hydraulic seal depends on the lip line associated with the hole or the shaft, which are both soft and resilient, resistant to temperature, corrosion and aging. Graphite, rubber, and fiber are made of special materials that are easily damaged. Therefore, it is necessary to provide special protection and care during handling, installation and storage. Once damaged, it will leave a great hidden danger to the sealing part;
2. Can not be forced to install
Some seals are placed in the grooved stuffing box. In this case, it needs to be tightly installed. It must not be rough during construction. Barbarian and strong action will force the original prefabricated structure of the seal to be destroyed. This is like breaking the precast concrete. Subsequent filling of the required parts will inevitably lead to disasters. As with the installation of such seals, care must be taken. Careful, the embedding must be carried out step by step.
3. Need to pay attention to balance when installing, symmetrical
Place the seal just in place where the effective sealing surface (or lip line) is tight. After the system is opened for use, further observation and tightening of the seals are required to prevent the micro-leakage from being broken due to changes in working conditions (such as pressurization) during system operation.
Seals should be kept safely when not in use temporarily
1. Anti-aging and light-proof, moisture-proof, flat place, away from cold and heat sources;
2. Do not apply pressure to keep the seal in a natural slack state, and change its physical shape without applying external force;
3. Classification marks (same shape, different materials, parts of use, applicable standards, purchase date, etc.).
Related Industry Knowledge
- The Use Of Ceramic Fibers
- What Is A Gasket
- Ceramic Fiber Features
- PTFE mat performance
- Gasket Material Classification
- What Is Weaving Packing
- Type Of Gasket
- Glass fiber
- The main component of glass fiber
- The main features of glass fiber
- Analysis on the selection and characteristics o...